Sunday 12 April 2015

Farewell


I look into your eyes
You who sit here in anticipation
The big dark eyes
Those, i've come to love, over time

The gleam is back in your eyes
The chirp, in your voice
Things I longed to see, longed to hear
Things i asked for you, everytime i prayed
However transitory..

But today
I have nothing to offer but superficial silence
Observing you, fluttering around
Smiling, after what seems to be eternity
As i hold myself from breaking it to you
Waiting for the right moment
There shall be none, i realise

In what went from disgust to inexplicable love
I found you, the extension of myself
Some five hundred miles past home
A book of fables, myths, mysteries 
Slyly disguised behind concrete professionalism
Waiting to lure me into a world i always knew, i belonged to
Your world
The world of chivalry, humility, beauty

Your wait has been tough Your journey, painful
I missed you no less, you've always known
And here i stand
At another cruel bend in the road
Waiting for my chance to say
I depart, never to return..

In the flow of things I blurt it out..

You have only one thing to ask
Where?
Some place too far to come back
Take care
The smile is transitory, yet warm

I have nothing to add
No apologies, no answers
I get up and turn around
Battling the pain, battling the guilt
As i walk away thinking
You should've been in my life, a bit longer

No comments:

Post a Comment