Saturday 30 May 2015

The Revenant: Saudade of Delhi

Like a long-lost beloved
She calls me back

And I
I love her too 
Her troughs and crests still haunt my lonely nights
Only this time
Something makes me wary
If the past holds anything to teach
Between two nights of passion, lies a day
The seldom intriguing,
Often mundane, day

When life takes over
When moods govern bonds
When insecurities greet you every morning
When ego shows up accross the bed of roses
And love becomes a load you want to shirk

But, she doesn't give me a choice
Or maybe i do not give myself one
Desires of the body have a court of their own
The heart, the infamous convict
I miss admiring her silhouettes, the dusky skin, the dark eyes against the sinking sun
Not all liquor needs the mouth

Doesn't look too bad a bargain to me. 

And here i lay
On my way back to passionate nights
And meloncholy days
Those i turned my back on
She'll hold on, i know 
I too, shall try

And now that I'm into it
Why the heck not?

No comments:

Post a Comment